Friday 5th April :
Studio Diabolo M° Kremlin-Bicêtre
- 20h00 : welcome
- 20h30-22h00 : initiation class with Marc and Carole (local dancers): introduction to basics to fully enjoy the party and the level 1 of the workshop
- 22h00-1h00 : welcome party 100% Blues dancing
Saturday 19th May :
Espace Centre Momboye M° Gambetta, Jourdain, Pelleport
- 14h00 : welcome
- 14h30-18h30 : classes with Agnieszka and Konrad (traditionnal Blues), Sandrine and Yannick (Tango for Blues) : levels 1 and 2 (2 rooms)
Studio des Rigoles M° Jourdain
- 21h45-2h30 : cool party 100% Blues dancing with Little Tom for the live session (see at the bottom of this page)
Sunday 20th May :
Bistrot des Pianos, M° Robespierre :
- 14h00-18h00 : convivial practice 100% Blues dancing in socks with
René Miller et Dédé Macchabée for the live
- Water, sodas and candies will be at disposal during the social dancing at night. For the Sunday afternoon, bring your own water bottle. The bar will sell
- During classes, come with your own water bottle
- All rooms are wooden floored; please, use dance shoes (with no high heel) or socks. On Sunday, the wooden floor is so nice that the owner of the venue require
that we dance in socks.
Initiation class (Welcome party):
You have no (or little) experience in Blues, or you want to revise the basics.
Levels 1 and 2 (Workshop):
Between Blues and Tango-for-the-Blues, the choice of your level will be based on your experience in Blues, and also on your global level in other dances (tango, lindy, west coast swing, ballroom). When you register, we will ask you for details about your dance experience, and we will form the groups ourselves. Our goal is to create the most harmonious groups possible (and it will not be easy ;-)). You will be informed of your level 15 days before the course, knowing that we will be, of course, open to your remarks.
Level 1 (Roughly speaking):
You do not have a great experience in blues, or you have followed less than 2 years of classes but are not yet really comfortable on the different connections, or you want to strengthen your bases either follow or lead . As for other dances, you have less than 2 years of practice.
Level 2 (Roughly speaking):
You dance Blues on a regular basis for more than one year, you have attended some workshops, and, overall, you are confortable with every Blues connexion. Or you are a real good dancer on another dance.
Initiation class : basic steps and moves, different kinds of connexion, the "spirit" of Blues dancing: the starter kit to enjoy parties and be comfortable with the level 1 of the workshop.
The workshop : A program where technique and communication will boost your easiness and the complicity of your dance ! 2h of Traditional Blues with Agnieszka and Konrad, 2h of Tango for Blues with Yannick and Sandrine.
We are very happy to announce that Little Tom from Nantes will be with us for the live session of the Saturday party, April 6th !!!
Passionate by the Blues in all its forms, Little Tom solo 'one-man band' with guitar-harmonica-stompbox reborns the atmosphere of the Juke Joints of the South of the United States by interpreting, among its own Folk-Blues songs, the Mississippo Blues, and borrowing from some traditional titles from the African-American artists who shaped this music.
For the Good Fellow Blues, he made us 2 sets of pure slow and traditional Blues !
Want to know Tom better ? Here is the link to his FB page.